[RTTY] 2007 JARTS

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 2007 JARTS
From: "Tom Martin" <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:18:14 -0500
Just a token appearance in this one.  The weekend was filled with chores,
church, the Red Wings, and the Lions. I operated SO2R with out any problems.
It is easy when the second radio isn't hearing much!  My 40 meter beam at 80
feet is broken.  The bucket truck to reach 80 feet has been broken for 10
months!  The owner says it will cost $6,000 to repair it.  Not worth it I guess
for just a few jobs a year. I used a Carolina Windom at 30 feet.  Not much DX
with that antenna.  It also caused TVI on the Tivo.  The XYL complained for the
first time ever.  The 40 beam at 80 feet never caused a problem.  I have to do
something for 40 before the next contest.

 The 15 meter antenna didn't hear much at my location.  Sunday was dead.

The money band was 20 meters.  Nice to work a few JAs Sunday evening.  Worked
one JA through the PACTOR.

Got a new one on RTTY:  J88DR

Rigs:    FT1000MP and Alpha 99
              FT-990 and SB-220

Software:    N1MM and MMVARI

Antennas:    Hygain 502BA at 72 feet
                      Carolina Windom
                       A3S at 40 feet
                       80 V at 65 feet

Score Summary

Band        Contacts        Pts.        CTY

3.5            100                200            1

7                96                  203            11

14            254                 630            40

21             18                     47            10

Total score:    124, 200

Time On:        15.75 hrs.

Thanks to all who worked W8JWN in the contest.

73,

Tom

It has removed 2218 spam emails to date.