[RTTY] GU0SUP JARTS

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP JARTS
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 06:18:56 -0700 (PDT)
Phil, you raise an interesting point when you say you chose to NOT log a
contact after you gave them a report - because you feel they were not complying
with the contest rules...

  Let me play Devil's Advocate here.... I always log whatever the other station
sends - even where I consider it to be wrong... Dupes, bad exchanges, etc; as
long as I know I copied what was sent I log it...  It is the provence of the
contest committee to enforce the rules, not me..  And deliberately not logging
a Q you gave out is a hostile act causing them a penalty for a NIL...

  If that person is giving an incorrect exchange to you, they are doing it to
everyone else... The contest committee log checking software will flag that...
You incur zero penalty because you copied what was sent...

  I would urge that we avoid playing contest cop... Accept the offered exchange
and go on our way knowing that the contest committee will deal with it...  When
we choose to play cop, we could be wrong...

  cheers  ...

denny / k8do