Re: [RTTY] 160 meter RTTY Contest + Makrothen/LoTW

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>, <ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160 meter RTTY Contest + Makrothen/LoTW
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 14:16:30 +0100
Hi all,

Perhaps I mis-read it somewhere, but wasn't the TA contest 160m only???

Also, re the Makrothen contest being on at the same time as the LoTW
contest:
I shall operate the Makrothen contest, and will expect the exchange for that
contest.

It is naive of those who thought up the LoTW contest to place it on the same
weekend as a well established contest and then expect participation,
especially from regular RTTY ops.
I guess newcomers to the mode (especially some of those that took part in
CQWW, maybe for the first time) will get rather confused by it all!

I don't know the figures, but I wonder what percentage of all LoTW users are
RTTY ops?
And how many of those RTTY ops would miss out on the Makrothen??

Also, given the fact that when the first LoTW contest was announced, they
made it clear RTTY wasn't included, and then to come up with an already-used
date seems rather daft.

As Shelby said, perhaps the LoTW contest organisers could use the same
exchange as the Makrothen?

See you all in the Makrothen!

73 de Phil GU0SUP