Re: [RTTY] 160M / AA5AU all bands

To: "rtty list " <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160M / AA5AU all bands
From: IronmanY2k <IronmanY2K@triathlete.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:34:11 -0700
The topic of 160m RTTY comes up every now and again and a few of us jump on it
every time.  We get on 160 for a few evenings, work the same individuals again
and then we forget about it until someone brings the topic up again.

The only RTTY contest that I know of that supports 160 meters is the TARA RTTY
Melee which is on Dec 1.   This date is right in the middle of the ARRL 160
meter CW contest.  Last year many individuals did not want to operate RTTY on
160m at the same time the CW contest was happening, so participation on 160
RTTY was minimal, but there were a few of us.  We set two rally times during
the contest and made some contacts on 160.

My only suggestion is that we have an activity night or a weekend where we meet
at set times and make contacts.  This of course will have to wait until after
the WW RTTY contest this weekend.

Going back to the original message, you may just be looking to make a 160m RTTY
contact with Don, AA5AU, in which case you can email him and setup a sked.

73, Jim
AD6WL

Seems I have worked AA5AU on 80/40/20/15/10  a few times , including
the excerpts below.  No 160M though. I am not sure if that is because
I never check 160M or perhaps operators do not use 160 much in RTTY
tests.  Will have to check a bit more.

Details         K3UK    AA5AU   2005-07-16 ****         20M     RTTY
14.083065

Details         KB2EOQ  AA5AU   2001-01-28 ****         40M     RTTY