Re: [RTTY] FSK interface

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FSK interface
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:10:25 -0500
> Date: Fri,  7 Sep 2007 10:58:15 -0700
> From: "WS7I" <ws7i@ewarg.org>
> Subject: Re: [RTTY] FSK interface
> To: <ws7i@ewarg.org>, <rtty@contesting.com>,  "Anthony W. DePrato
>       WA4JQS" <wa4jqs@mikrotec.com>
>

> >BTW what software supports the HAL  pci 3000 board now and the HAL
> 4100.?
>
> Tony, Writelog supports both under XP.  Also the Hal software which is
> available on their webpage.  Dunno what else.  The 4100 looks just like
> a DXP-38 to writelog as its the same command set.
>
> 73 Jay

I'm seriously behind on emails and playing catchup.  But I do have a
question.  Jay, you mentioned another reasoning behind the opto couplers to
protect the Serial card from damage in the event of a spike, but what about
the other way around?

I ask because I'm not sure if the Rigblaster Pro is optocoupled or not, but
it sure didn't protect my Pro3 when I took a kick on the Rig computer.  Also
took out the Hal, the TNC2, two 2 Meter rigs, the RigBlaster Pro and the
Pro3.  But the Pro3 was using the remote port on the RigBlaster and it sure
took out the serial ports on the rig.  No protection at all there.

Charlie
Ki5xp