Re: [RTTY] Confirming OLD QSO's

To: ns5b@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Confirming OLD QSO's
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 07:42:25 -0400
On Aug 5, 2007, at 5:02 AM, ns5b@comcast.net wrote:

> Found these RTTY contacts in one of my old logs that I thought I
> had lost years ago, thus, none have been confirmed. I did upload
> them to LoTW, but didn't get any hits. I was wondering what the
> chances some of these can still be confirmed by paper QSL?  My call
> was KB5IBT at the time of these contacts.

[ List of contacts from 1989, 1990 deleted ]

No telling. Consider that these contacts are from 17 years ago. It is
quite possible that some of these fellows are silent keys, or have
moved elsewhere, or their calls are otherwise no longer active.

If you want the confirmations, then you must try to obtain a QSL. The
LoTW confirmation rate for contacts this old is not high, so paper
QSLs are your best device.

Give it a shot. You may get lucky.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901