[RTTY] Best SO2R setup

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Best SO2R setup
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:20:37 -0700
Hi All

I am trying to reconfigure the rig setup for RTTY here.

I have 3 rigs, 2 TS-450SAT's and a FT-840.  Problem is that one of the
'450's is having a problem with the rig to computer hookup.  It is not
working.

Right now I have the good '450SAT hooked up as the run radio running FSK,
with all the filters, and it does work right with the computer.  Using the
FT-840 as the second radio because it also is hooked to the computer.  But,
it has no filters, other than the Autek QF-1A (which actually does a pretty
good job).

The second TS-450 has filters and I can run FSK with it, but no computer
interface.  Could get it fixed but figure someday to get rid of it so don't
want to spend the money on it right now.

What is best to do, run the better radio, even with no computer hookup, or
the lesser rig that DOES have the computer hookup.

I use N1MM logger with the DX Doubler SO2R box (which works great with the
'840 and '450).  73

Tom W7WHY