Re: [RTTY] CIV repair

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CIV repair
From: dkerns@cruzio.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:40:02 GMT
> Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:37:38 -0500
> From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
> Subject: [RTTY] CIV repair
> To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
>
> I have used Scott Malcolm, who used to be a tech for Icom in WA, to fix a
> couple of 2M radios.  I was impressed by how good and reasonably priced he
> was.  I sent him a note this morning about a CIV repair, since that's been
> discussed on here lately, and got a very prompt response from him, which is
> below.
>
> My impression is he replaces components rather than an entire board, which
> seems to be popular nowadays.
>
> He has great ratings on eham.net under repair services, I think.

One of those great ratings is from me.

I have personally used Scott multiple times, and refered others who have used
him as well. All our dealings have been positive.

Once he's in your rig the communication is wonderful and his prices are very
fair. He has also declined to tackle rigs that he didn't feel he could do an
excellent job on (Yaesu parts department issues). That second point is the mark
of a true professional.

Anyhow +1 on Scott of MTS.

73 de
Donald