[RTTY] Com port PTT keys radio when radio turned on

To: "'rtty'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Com port PTT keys radio when radio turned on
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:37:53 -0500
My computer's COM 1 port keys the PTT of my PROIII every few seconds when I
first turn the radio on.  The PTT in the CW/RTTY interface box described on
AA5AU's web site is connected to COM 1 on my Dell 8300 PC.  It happens maybe
every 15 seconds for maybe five seconds.  Opening MMTTY will cause the PTT
keying to stop, and it's still OK fine even after I close MMTTY.  It doesn't
make any difference which mode the radio is in.

Interestingly, I didn't realized that was happening when I was reconnecting
open wire feeders after turning on the radio after a storm had passed.
Naturally, the radio was either in CW or RTTY set for about 50W output.   It
took a couple of transmissions until it dawned on me why my fingers were
getting toasty!

Any ideas to fix it will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Jim N7US