Re: [RTTY] 6 Meter RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 6 Meter RTTY
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 07:54:12 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 09:05:39 -0400, Steve AI9T <steve@ai9t.com> wrote:

>Six meters has been opening lately so I thought about trying to make a
>few RTTY contacts. Problem is I can't remember what the RTTY calling
>frequency is. Could someone jog my memory?

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

There seems to be a lack of agreement on the six meter RTTY calling
frequency, to say the least.

ARRL has it as 50.62, AC6V.com has it as 50.7 and I have heard it
unofficially many times as 50.3.

SMIRK, strangely enough, does not mention RTTY at all, but does list
50.290 as the PSK calling frequency and 50.62 as the packet calling
frequency.

Were I to choose, I think I would alternate between 50.3 and 50.62
until I found out which got the most results.

Bill W6WRT