Re: [RTTY] Getting back into RTTY

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Getting back into RTTY
From: "Peter Laws" <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:37:07 -0500

> I'm getting back into RTTY after a layoff of a few years.  I used to use
> W1FB's RTTY and K6STI's RITTY programs with my TS-570s.  Are either of
> these two apps still supported?  I understand that K6STI dropped RITTY
> for a while.  Did he ever get back?

I believe the correct answers are No and No.  I think WF1B makes the
last version or versions freeware now (for some value of "free") and I
don't know where RiTTY stands.

MMTTY will run your "soundcard setup" if that's how you transmit or
will happily key an FSK radio with the appropriate Rs and Ls and Cs,
etc.  It, too, is free (for some value of "free").  Google for it and
it should be near the top of the list.  I don't know how the DSP
algorithms compare technically to RiTTY, but a lot of folks here are
pretty happy with it.

Except Chen, W7AY.  Because he's on a Mac, he wrote cocoaModem.  Also
free for some value of free but will *not* run on your old 486. :-)

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

"They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin