[RTTY] Are you ready for the TARA "Skirmish?"

To: tara-n2ty@yahoogroups.com, 070@yahoogroups.com,digitalmodes@yahoogroups.com, digitalradio@yahoogroups.com,illinoisdigitalham@yahoogroups.com, rtty-tara@yahoogroups.com,psk-tara@yahoogroups.com, rtty@contesting.com, psk31@yahoogroups.com,greecepsk31@yahoogroups.com, PSK_VHF_UHF_HAMRADIO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RTTY] Are you ready for the TARA "Skirmish?"
From: MRBILL1953@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:57:21 EDT
Howdy:

Well, the time has come to ready ourselves for the next running of the TARA
"Skirmish" Contest on 21 April 2007 from 00:00 UTC to 24:00 UTC 21 April 2007.
 Yes, this is a FULL 24 hour contest that I'm sure all of you will enjoy. I
know  some out there still think this is just a 12 hour contest and that just
isn't  true. So please tell your friends to check the rules out at the address
given  below.

We really could use some help from our RTTY friends. I know you folks have
come through BIG TIME for us in the past with our other contests and we need
your help again now.  If you have a few hours to play some radio how about
jumping on the bands and give us few contacts. We have a LOT of new folks  that
are getting into the different contests and we're in hopes that they'll try
the "Skirmish" too.

One of our friends from the 070 PODXS - Steve, W3HF said it like this,  "This
is a digital version of CQ's WPX contest, with a few variations. Lots of
digital modes count, not just PSK, so you can play around with some
of those  other modes you dabbled in last weekend with 070's Flavors contest.
Like CQ's  contest, the multipliers are the unique prefixes you work. As
Steve told you  what's neat about this contest is that it allows you to try
several modes  of operation: PSK, RTTY, KELL, MFSK, MT63, THROB, ASCII, SSTV
AND
PACKET.

SPECIAL NOTE TO OPERATORS: You can submit more than one mode. These must be
separate entries and NOT combined! 'Sub' modes of the parent mode all count as
 one mode. i.e. PSK includes PSK10, PSK31, PSK63. RTY includes 60 wpm and
100wpm.  MFSK includes OLIVIA. etc. Please, submit OnLine Score Submission Form
for each  separate parent mode.

This is our final contest for the 2006/2007 contest season. This contest
will determine who will be crowned as TARA's Digital King/Queen and take top
honors in the TARA Digital Tour'ney!

 Full rules for the contest can be found on TARA's web site  at:

_http://www.n2ty.http://www.nhttp://wwhttp://www_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_rules.html)

SIDE NOTE: For you PREFIX HUNTERS out there this contest surely will allow
you to pick up a few new prefixes, so come join the fun!

Have Fun and I hope to print you...
de NY2U Bill Eddy
_ny2u@n2ty.org_ (mailto:ny2u@n2ty.org)