Re: [RTTY] Blacklisting over zealous callers

To: "'Bill Turner'" <dezrat@copper.net>,"'Shelby Summerville'" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Blacklisting over zealous callers
From: "J. Edward (Ed) Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:07:28 -0700
5BDXCC and "other awards" are not the root cause of the aberrant operating
practices described in this thread.  All these problems existed with the
basic DXCC.  The problems may be more prevalent and extensive than in the
past, but its not because there are more awards (or contests).  A minority
of all the stations calling create problems.  Its very visible and
negatively impacts everyone.  The behavior needs to be corrected, as opposed
to reducing awards and contests.  If all awards and contests were
eliminated, the bands might be more gentlemanly, but there would be little
sport.  The challenge is to improve the behavior of our sport, without
killing the sport.

73,
Ed - W0YK