[RTTY] ZM2A callsign

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ZM2A callsign
From: Bob Stewart <rstewart@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 03:59:36 +0000
Hi All,

I have recently taken out a Secondary Personal Callsign ZL2A. The issue of
these 'Secondary' callsigns is a recent innovation from our Radio Spectrum
Management, a condition attached to the licence is that the callsign lasts
for only one year, followed by a six Month 'stand down' before re-applying
for the same callsign. Not a very friendly condition for serious contesters,
but maybe their strange fuzzy logic can reversed by negotiation.

Another recent change gives ZL Amateurs permission to use the alternative
prefix ZM when operating in special events or International contests.

I will be using ZM2A in RTTY contests for the next year in place of ZL2AMI.
Look for ZM2A in the EA RTTY Contest over Easter.

Happy Easter

Bob ZL2AMI