Re: [RTTY] 160

To: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:25:43 -0800
On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 07:42:38AM -0800, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> --- "Inbody, Donald S" <inbody@austin.utexas.edu> wrote:
>
> > It is getting late in the year, but we should declare a 160M RTTY contest,
> > perhaps for next winter.  Minimal rules, serial, state, grid or some-such.
>
> One could lobby the Stew Perry sponsors to add RTTY.  Or just run a RTTY-only
> contest during the same hours, with the same exchange, and see how many people
> get on.

I guess my opinion would be to run this at a different time than the Stew.

RTTY and CW aren't too friendly when sharing the same part of the band (which
they sort of would have to during the contest) and I would rather not have
a bunch of RTTY activity around during a CW contest.

Having it on a weekend without any other contest activity would probably give
you the best shot at having sufficent activity to make it a success as there
just aren't a lot of 160 stations out there to start with.

Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net