Re: [RTTY] roundup

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] roundup
From: "Scott Schultz" <scottaschultz@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:09:39 GMT
Jim,
Since the contest is just a little over a week away, you should probably keep
things pretty basic. I would consider using a contest logging program, however.
The one I used is N1MM. The website is http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/ It is a
very robust program, but it is free!
I also use MMTTY for rag chewing in FSK mode with an Icom 756 Pro. The N1MM
program uses the MMTTY "engine" so it should be a pretty seamless transition.
There is a pretty steep learning curve on this program so you will need to
devote a couple of hours at least to getting it set up. In addition to keep
track of your contacts, it will keep track of your duplicates so you don't
waste time trying to work a station already in your log. It will also calculate
your score and one of the most important factors, it will generate a Cabrillo
file that you will need to submit your log to the ARRL.
No matter what you use, the macros are pretty simple since the exchange is just
a signal report and your state. That is why this contest is so popular and easy
to participate in.
If you haven't already, read the rules at
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2007/rtty.html .
Good luck and I hope to put you in my log!
Scott NØIU