Re: [RTTY] Filtering AFSK

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Filtering AFSK
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:25:09 -0700
Hi JT

I have a FT-840 here that I used before I got the '450SAT.  AFSK and no
filters.  I bought an MFJ-758B DSP audio filter and that helped 1000
percent.  It would really narrow up those RTTY signals.  If someone came
close by it would pump the AVC a bit, but I could put up with it with the
narrower signals.  Also, I used one of the older Autek QF-1A filters for
years, and it worked good.  Nothing beats some good old narrow filters
though.  73 and I'll look for you this weekend.
Tom W7WHY