Re: [RTTY] Fw: ZL8R demo on You Tube

To: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu, "'RTTY List'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fw: ZL8R demo on You Tube
From: "Anthony W. DePrato" <wa4jqs@mikrotec.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:24:45 -0400

>Or one could donate a RTTY interface and/or software to a DXpedition.  Or set
>up something like the "Battle Creek Special" where hardware and a laptop with
>the correct software, plug-n-play, is loaned out to various DXpeditions.  If
>these ops can see how easy it is to make RTTY contacts, they might be
>emboldened to take their own gear next time.
>73 - Jim AD1C

SNIP:
Hi Jim:
SSIDXG did just this for a few years. I supplied all of Chuck's N4BQW -sk
ops with rtty gear and since he was not a rtty op myself and others walked
him thru a lot of rtty ops from kh5 ect as well as his Bouvet operation. we
also sent gear to a couple of the Sable Island trips with Wayne K8LEE. I
did offer it to a few others but a lot of the guys just did not want to
take rtty gear. they wanted the max numbers of paying Q's. which of course
is ssb and cw . they outnumber us about 6 to 1 i think. I have gotten rid
of a lot of the portable rtty gear i use to send but do still have a few
pk232's that are set and ready to go should the need arise.
73 Tony

QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
Since 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573 SKCC #1227
South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group