[RTTY] 2006 ARRL RTTY Roundup Plaques

To: "'RTTY List'" <rtty@contesting.com>,"'Jim Reisert AD1C'" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>,<sales@westmountainradio.com>,"'Henderson, Dan (N1ND)'" <n1nd@arrl.org>
Subject: [RTTY] 2006 ARRL RTTY Roundup Plaques
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:35:42 -0500
Today I received two ARRL RTTY Roundup Plaques for 2006.  One for Single Op Low
Power Overall (thanks to Jim AD1C for sponsoring
this NM7M memorial award) and one for Single Operator Low Power Delta Division
(thanks West Mountain Radio for your sponsorship).

This is the first time I've received two plaques.  Perhaps this is the first
year the Delta Division had a low power plaque?  I
always thought the second place finisher would receive the plaque if someone
else won the entire category.  Maybe Dan can shed some
light on this.  I just don't know.

As many of you know, the 2006 ARRL RTTY Roundup was my first full contest
effort after Katrina and was the catalyst for getting my
antennas rebuilt.  So I was very happy to win Low Power again.  Actually I was
just happy to be back on the air!  Now I will use the
2007 ARRL RTTY Roundup as the catalyst for getting the shack back in order.  We
are back in the house now but without flooring.  I
fired the contractor back in June and completed all the repairs myself.  We are
taking the opportunity to do some extra remodeling
and thus the reason it is taking so long to completely finish the project.

All the delays now are self imposed.  Imagine this - test 11 bags of grout to
find the right color for the master bathroom tile.
The XYL finally picks one grout color out.  I tile and grout the floor only to
find out she doesn't really like it.  Test two more
bags of grout to find another color.  Now I am in the process of removing the
grout I just put down (it's not as hard you might
imagine with the use of a Dremel grout removal tool).  But nonetheless, it's
extra work which I just LOVE! hi

So thanks again to AD1C and West Mountain Radio for the nice plaques.  I hope
to hang at least one of them on the wall of the shack
before the next Roundup!

73, Don AA5AU