[RTTY] W7LR and CQ WW RTTY test

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] W7LR and CQ WW RTTY test
From: Mark Perrin <mperrin@ordata.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:49:30 -0700
This note is to thank Bob W7LR for hosting some of the Cinco Nueve Contest
Group [www.qsl.net/k7ar] at his home this past weekend for the CQ WW RTTY
Contest.  Bob let us have the run of his shack, completely re-wire his
antenna field, etc., to activiate Montana on RTTY and post the logs on
LoTW.  While propagation was poor, our group, WJ7R, K7AR and N7MQ together
with W7LR, made over 1200 Q's.  More details on W7LR in the contest and
score later on 3830.

Of particulary note was uploading the W7LR log to LoTW and watch the
contest contacts match up and the QSO count roll up.  Bob was impressed
with the RTTY contester tradition of uploading logs.  He missed only MT and
WY for WAS; not done the analysis of DXCC on RTTY.

It was an interesting multi op situation.  Of special note was the
important of operating QRO and avoiding inter station interference.  We
used coax stubs based on the book by George W2VJN and some RTTY frequency
tips from Jeff WK6I.  The resulting coax stubs outboard of the amps, plus
the Dunestar BPF's, handled the QRO operation and particularly the modest
separation between the 40 and 80 meter antennas.  Thanks to both of those
gents for the big help.

But most of all, to Cobi, Bob's XYL, thanks for putting up with new friends
and being such a good sport about our being up and around the house before,
during and after the contest - when we "re-stored" Bob's shack to previous
condition and reconnected up the antennas to Bob's network system.l

Thanks again, Bob and Cobi.  See you RTTY contesters from the next contest.

73, Mark N7MQ