[RTTY] DX Cluster during CQWW RTTY?

To: "_ _RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] DX Cluster during CQWW RTTY?
From: "Ekki Plicht (DF4OR)" <ep@plicht.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:06:50 +0200
Hi all,
maybe a stupid question, but I can't get my grips around the rules of CQWW
RTTY concerning the use of a DX cluster.
In preparation for the upcoming weekend I read the rules again and again and I
am still not sure if a M/S station is allowed to monitor the cluster or not.

The DX cluster is mentioned in only two places in the rules:

--- Quote ---
IV Terms of Competion (all categories)
[...] No self spotting on any form of DX spotting nets is permitted for any
category.
--- Unquote ---

Very clear, absolutely no misunderstanding possible, and good.

--- Quote ---
V. Categories
1. Single Operators
(a) [...]
(b) [...]
(c) Assisted (all band ops only)
Same as V.1.a except the passive use of DX spotting nets is allowed (see IV
above) [...]
--- Unquote ---

This I find confusing.

It is listed under "V. Categories". Does this therefore mean that passive use
(monitoring) of DX spotting nets is NOT permitted in ANY other class except
SOAB Assisted?

Or does this pertain only to Single Op categories, allowing the use of DX
spotting nets for M/S M/2 M/M ops? And if so, only passively (monitoring) or
also actively (spotting other DX stations).

Thanks for enlightening me.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR