[RTTY] Uploading SCC-RTTY Cabrillo .log file to LoTW

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>,CTDXCC List <ctdxcc@kkn.net>
Subject: [RTTY] Uploading SCC-RTTY Cabrillo .log file to LoTW
From: Dick Kriss <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:05:40 -0500
If you worked the Slovenia Contest Club SCC-RTTY contest and have trouble
uploading your Cabrillo.log file to the LoTW robot, you may want to go to
school on my errors and success.

When I first tried to upload my aa5vu.log Cabrillo file, I ran into problems
getting the Macintosh version the ARRL tqsl software to sign my .log file.
It refused to sign the log and gave me an error message saying

   ³Cabrillo missing CONTEST record²

This was not a Mac vs. PC issue as I ask Don AD0K try to sign my file with
his PC version of tqsl as a test and Don got the same error message.

I realized at this point the SCC-RTTY was not one of the contests supported
by LoTW.  To fool the robot I tried changing the contest name from SCC-RTTY
to BART-RTTY and ran into the same signing error.  I then tried to reformat
the Cabrillo file to match the BARTG-RTTY specs and never could get tqsl to
sign my file.

I finally used a copy of my virgin aa5vu.log file and changed the contest
name to EA-RTTY and tqsl let me sign it as a .tq8 file.  I emailed it to
LoTW and the robot responded with an acknowledgement that all 103 QSO's were
recorded.

The bottom line is if you are having trouble signing your Cabrillo file
change the contest name to EA-RTTY and be sure you have the tqsl Cabrillo
specifications under the preferences set correct.  I use '8' for to define
the filed for the station worked.

LoTW rocks!

73, Dick AA5VU