[RTTY] Thanks CQ, W6OTC & Don KF2XF

To: <rtty@contesting.com>,
Subject: [RTTY] Thanks CQ, W6OTC & Don KF2XF
From: <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 23:14:34 -0400
This week I received three very nice certificates, but two of them are really
special to me.

I received a certificate for first place LP USA in the 2006 WPX RTTY Contest.
But even more surprising was receiving a certificate for my 1st place W5-land
40 meter CQWW RTTY contest certificate.  This was my first contest back from
Katrina.  With my towers and all my directional antennas laying in ruins in the
backyard, I made a half-hearted effort in CQWW RTTY with my HF2V vertical just
to get my mind off the situation.  To receive a certificate really means
something.  Thanks to CQ Magazine and to Glenn, W6OTC, the contest manager.

And today I received something special in the mail from Don KF2XF.  It was a
handsome certificate of appreciation that Don had made especially for me for
"the unconditional and generous sharing of his knowledge and experience in the
world of Radio Teletype operations and radio contesting".  To see this and read
Don's letter, made me feel very good.   Good feelings are still hard to come by
even as the first anniversary of Katrina arrives tomorrow.  Thanks Don, for the
very thoughtful act.  I will proudly hang your certificate on the wall of the
shack when I finally get to rebuild it.

Hopefully I'll have something together for CQWW RTTY, but I really don't know.
It's a goal to reach for, but there's still much to do.

73, Don AA5AU