Re: [RTTY] SO2R vs. SO1R - a pertinent question

To: "'Tom Moore'" <wx4tm@tm-moore.com>,"'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] SO2R vs. SO1R - a pertinent question
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:06:11 -0400
WX4TM writes:

> I'm glad you said "generally" because its a FACT that top
> SO2R ops with relatively small antennas running low power
> have often beat top SO1R HP scores. But then I'm sure you
> would say that the SO1R ops just weren't smart or skilled
> enough and that if the SO2R ops ran SO1R, they'd still win.

Sure ... some SO2R ops with modest antennas and low power can
beat some SO1R High power ops - so what?  Why should it be a
surprise when any tool helps a station produce a better result.

The top contesters are craftsmen ... they know how to get the
best results out of their tools whether that be SO2R, big
antennas, or high power.  Frankly, the SO2R operator with
modest antennas and low power should be congratulated and not
condemned ... he is a featherweight using skill, and quick
reflexes to beat the heavyweight HP/big antenna guy who sets
in one place and scores through brute strength.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV