Re: [RTTY] Two sides

Subject: Re: [RTTY] Two sides
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:17:37 -0400
N8PS writes:

> It's all in the pursuit of maximum points.

That's the definition of a contest ...

>  My answer is that SO2R gets significantly more points than
> SO1R. But, big antennas AND SO2R gets you a even more points
> than SO2R without big antennas.

Again, so what?  Big antennas get you significantly more points
than single element antennas - I don't see you supporting a
"single element antenna" category?

SO2R is likely to give a skilled operator more points than an
unskilled operator.  AA5AU has proved that SO2R and modest antennas
can be competitive with SO1R and modest antennas ... that merely
proves that SO2R can provide an advantage comparable to big
antennas.

Until you are ready to create a [mandatory] category for any
station with a gain antenna, do not discriminate against those
who choose the SOmR "tool" as a way to compete with those who
have chosen the "big antenna" tool.  To do so is bigotry, plain
and simple.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV