Re: [RTTY] After the contest...

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] After the contest...
From: "Ekki Plicht (DF4OR)" <ep@plicht.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:35:04 +0100
Ciao Paolo,

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 21:35, I2UIY wrote:
> After I finished my log-checking work for CQWW RTTY 2005,
> I put together some some suggestions to help who just
> finished a contest and now wants submit his log.

interesting reading, definetely.

You write:
> Why donât we have a smart software that can recognise different versions of
> Cabrillo and â maybe â some other formats? Because nobody wants waste his
> time writing such a software without anything in return. Writing a real good
> log checking software is not easy because the software is supposed to catch
> most of the errors automatically and this is not easy to achieve considering
> the multiple options that ham callsigns involve.

What would such a software do? Can you supply me with different examples of
cabrillo log formats, and tell me which one would be the 'correct' one? Such
a software doesn't seem impossible. I use Perl a lot and it's the right
language to write such a program.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR