Re: [RTTY] Sound Card Options

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sound Card Options
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:27:18 -0000
From: "Earl" <n5zm@arrl.net>
To: "RTTY" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 2:47 PM
Subject: [RTTY] Sound Card Options

> The new computer is a Dell Dimension E510 (3.0 Ghz/512
> Ram/80GB SATA HD) with 7
> USB Ports (no serial ports) and two available PCI Slots.
> But came without a
> sound card.

That machine should have on-board sound. Give it a try. It
may be all you need.

My on-board sound (different from yours) works fb for rtty
decoding, but has a little digital noise on its output when
I use it on SSB, so I went to the SB Live 24. That card
works fb, even though it flunks the soundboard test. The
only disadvantage to the SB 24 is that it only has one input
jack, which is software configured to be either a mic or
line in, a minor nuisance when switching between rtty and
ssb.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ