[RTTY] The RTTY 160 Meter contest

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] The RTTY 160 Meter contest
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 20:13:28 -0800
There have been a number of good suggestions, but one thing I think
we need to focus on is the purpose of the contest itself. In my
opinion, it should be to further activity on 160 meter RTTY,
especially in terms of chasing new countries, states and counties, as
well as encouraging people to use 160 for casual contacts when the
contest is over.

A lot of good, active RTTY ops have the opinion they can't use 160 on
their suburban lot and we need to show them otherwise. What better
way to show what you can do with how much (or how little) than a
contest? In four hours you would probably work more stations than you
could in a month of non-contest operating.

And this is why I think we should concentrate on working NEW
stations, not the same ones over and over, and why we should not
combine other bands into it.

Comments welcome.

Bill, W6WRT