Re: [RTTY] Station upgrade

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Station upgrade
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:57:50 -0800
> And I think that's where this whole thread started... If you >have a
> limited budget... what does experience tell you...
> <soapbox=off>
>
> Now all we need to do is get Tom to whip out that >checkbook and throw
> some of his money around! And then >let us know what he decided to do!

Well, I'm pretty sure I am going to get a new radio and forget the amp for a
while.  Be nice to have, but if I get an amp, I also have to upgrade
everything else in the shack.  My tuners are of the 300 watt variety, and
would have to build all new stubs, etc for high power.  Anyone got a good
radio for sale :-)

I did see a Heathkit SB-1000 on QTH.com for $495 including shipping, but it
is already gone.  73

Tom W7WHY