Re: [RTTY] DIN stands for....?

To: RTTY Reflector <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DIN stands for....?
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:23:44 -0800
On Feb 25, 2006, at 3:38 AM, Marijan Miletic wrote:

> Now only Kok Chen can save USA with his great humour :-)

Am I the only one here who prefers the DIN connector to a rat's nest
of RCA plugs?!

I can quickly swap a single DIN connector from my FT-1000MP to my
spare FT-990 and I am sending diddles again.

For someone who only makes a few dozen QSO in a contest, every QSO
counts :-).

Back when I had both an Omni VI and an Omni V, I dreaded moving the
cables (plural, very plural) between them -- I ended up making up two
external cable bundles of RCA rat's nest-to-DIN connector so I can go
quickly swap a KAM between the two Ten-Tec rigs.  I had always wanted
to drill a hole at the back of the Omnis to take a DIN connector so
the rat's nest can be inside the rig instead of outside the rig.

73
Chen, W7AY