Re: [RTTY] [olivia] New 500Hz Olivia Frequencies (14076-14080) ?

To: oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, rtty@contesting.com,Hellschreiber@yahoogroups.com, MFSK@yahoogroups.com,digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [olivia] New 500Hz Olivia Frequencies (14076-14080) ?
From: Vilnis YL2KF <yl2kf@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:34:43 +0000
Dear Bonnie, at all ,

proposed by - We ???!!!!   at least I am not in this WE group !!!!
Please count me out - Vilnis Vosekalns , YL2KF .
Using Olivia and all other modes too and do not see a reason to
give such a drastic suggeastion to move down from 14.100 Khz with
Olivia. This can start unnecessary frequency war with RTTY and MFSK16
and so on. Do not know how to determine popular and unpopular mode but
with full resposibility can say - Olivia is not popular mode.
Segment 14.080 - 14.090 is mainly used for RTTY for years and still
is popular mode. So, this segment is not proper place for experimental
modes at all, as Olivia with all variations in bandwith is.

With respect and love to all digital modes -

YL2KF

expeditionradio wrote:

>I propose that we, as a group of Olivia operators, establish a
>center-of-activity window for 500Hz Olivia operation,
>between a USB dial frequency of 14076 and 14086kHz.
>
>To start, we could try 14076 to 14080.

 !!!