[RTTY] 4U1ITU CQWW in WPX RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 4U1ITU CQWW in WPX RTTY
From: "PM" <zepm@bluewin.ch>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:37:40 +0100
Ham spirit in the 21st century !!

I was planning an activity from 4U1ITU SOSB20/LP just for fun. I
began 0800Z and played for more than two hours when I noticed a
telnet spot 4U1ITU around 10KHz down of my operating frequency. I
thought it was a mistake from the spotter and I continued for a
few minutes.

Then I began a S&P and, once on the previous spotted QRG, I heard
4U1ITU calling CQ and doing a quite good traffic with japanese and
other stations. Signal report about 559/569. Obviously, it was a
pirate "playing" with IARC callsign 4U1ITU.

I then stopped and went home for lunch, then I came back in the
afternoon and realized the pirate was still on the air. I really
got FED UP and ANGRY so I decided to go home to watch rugby on TV
and the olympics on Sunday. From home, while checking DX summit, I
noticed additionals spots from the pirate on 21 and on 7MHz as
well.

I will send my cabrillo to the robot wpxrtty@kkn.net as a
checklog. 131 QSO on 20 meters.

This radio ham business is really getting crazy !! Just realize
people are able to kill mother and father, just to get the new
one, like 3Y0X. Good luck guys in the freezing antartic... On the
other side it's either a Zoo or a real jungle. Maybe both !!

Mad world !

All the best, 73 PM

HB9DTM/F6FNL
CH-1202 Genève