[RTTY] UKDX RTTY AA5VU Single Op LP

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] UKDX RTTY AA5VU Single Op LP
From: "Dick Kriss, AA5VU" <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:15:49 -0600
                    UK DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AA5VU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX

   80:  10    11     1
   40:  21    37     4
   20:  19    29     5
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:  50    77    10  Total Score = 770

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I made a few CQ runs and noted a few stations coming back to me off
frequency.  Rather then messing with the RIT, I sent the AGAIN PSE? then
fine tuned the VFO to print/work the stations.  I suspect they had been
operating in CQ mode with RIT ON and forgot to turn RIT off when then
changed to the S&P mode.

I probably should have used the RIT to work them; however, I  have a bad
habit of not putting it back to zero and messing up the next QSO.  For this
reason I try to avoid using the RIT for contest exchanges.

I can understand why some like to ride the RIT in the CQ mode.  However, I
do not understand why anyone run in the S&P mode with their RIT ON?

73, Dick AA5VU