[RTTY] Displaying/logging/spotting the correct FRQ using AFSK

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Displaying/logging/spotting the correct FRQ using AFSK
From: f6irf@free.fr
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:47:56 +0100
For your information, there are solutions working for any transceiver, assuming
the offset is done a the software level...

For example, the AFSK offset is a standard feature in:
- N1MM-logger: the soft displayed/logged/spotted  frequencies take into account
the sideband and the MMTTY mark audio frequency to indicate the correct "mark
RF
frequency" - this also works when clicking on a spot: the transceiver is set
taking into account the trx-sideband and the terminal audio-value.
Btw N1MM also works with MMVARI (for PSK, MFSK, and AFSK-RTTY) with exactly the
same features (except that it is the center frequency of the signal, and not
the mark which is taken into account // +/- 85HZ compaired to "mark" depending
on sideband used ).
- MixW do offer the same possibilities... (but like MMVARI also based on the
RTTY center frequency)- btw mixW displays the NCDXF beacon frequency on the
"advanced waterfall", so the anybody using mixW can't pretend he doesn't
know...
- Just the ones I have tried, but it may be other products doing this (ie
RCK-RTTY?).

Anyway, just for information, because serious RTTY-ops only use FSK ;-)
73's Pat

PS:  Btw, had a problem recently trying to use the mixW FSK port through my
microkeyer and earlier through a convenionnal COM-port: though the problem may
not appear on all computers, it seems that I am not the only one who saw it.
Apparently, it is recommended to untick the UOS option in the mode settings,
otherwise you correspondants may have troubles to decode your signal (not good
for the rate!) - at least it worked in my case...

Re: [RTTY] TS-570 Freq Offset
from [Wolf (DL6JZ)] [Permanent Link][Original]