[RTTY] ARRL RTTY Roundup ZS2EZ

Subject: [RTTY] ARRL RTTY Roundup ZS2EZ
From: Barry Murrell <zs2ez@axxess.co.za>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:43:15 +0200

                     ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: ZS2EZ
Operator(s): ZS2EZ
Station: ZS2EZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Port Elizabeth
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
    80:
    40:   10
    20:  131
    15:   99
    10:
------------
Total:  240  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 41  Total Score = 19,920

Club:

Comments:

First time in Roundup - lousy conditions here, battled to be heard with
100W so had to shift to High Power (400W - max legal power in ZS). No
80m antenna, and really need to improve my 40m setup! This is the only
contest of the year that I can operate the full period, due to work
commitments on weekends - falls during our annual holiday! Great fun,
and looking forward to the next one.
Considering that I have only been an occasional RTTY operator for just
under a year, and that this was my first SERIOUS effort in a contest, I
was quite pleased with the results. It is however quite a drawback being
down on the Southern end of Africa - the bulk of the Stateside stations
are beaming towards Europe and are thus side-on to me. Also no JA's
heard here at all - except for one on 40m. Highlights were working
TF3TTY on both 15 and 20, P49X (after quite a struggle to break the
pileup), PZ5RA and KP2D. Also adding LA (KI5XP) and NM (K5AM) to bring
my overall WAS up to 47. Working without the DX Cluster was also a new
experience - amazing how reliant one becomes on it!!

Will definitely be around for the next RTTY event!!

73 de Barry ZS2EZ
(EX ZR2DX / ZR6DXB)
KF26TA - Port Elizabeth,South Africa
Member : PEARS, SARL, ARRL, SA AMSAT