Re: [RTTY] RTTY Best Practices

To: "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Best Practices
From: "A.J.C." <n2ki@amsat.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 07:12:28 -0500
All,

Agreed; updating the CQ macro is a plus.  Adding the CQ to the end does make
it easier to differentiate the caller from the call-ee.

"CQ Test N2KI N2KI CQ" as an example.  No need to spell out the name of the
contest unless there are two at the same time.

- Dashes have been removed in the interest of data separation and to
facilitate easier data acquisition.

I like the idea of adding a "call correction" and a "QSL call corrected"
macro.  They fit in appropriately.

I still think that a carriage return both beginning and at the end is good
for both operators in that you are now on a data free line.  Operators
should learn to expect a CR for data collection.  I believe most feel that
it makes mousing more difficult, however if you track the forthcoming data
with the mouse, usually you are no more than a character away. With practice
it becomes easy very quick. Personally I prefer the carriage return.
Comments, suggestions?

Tony - N2KI
SYSOP - N2KI DX CLUSTER
dxc.n2ki.com:7300