Re: [RTTY] Novel idea?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Novel idea?
From: k4sb@bellsouth.net
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:37:12 +0000
"Joe Subich, W4TV" wrote:
> RotorEZ from Idiom Press will calculate the offset automatically
> by closing a switch.  It might be possible to read the direction
> for both antennas from the bottom rotor and control both the
> top rotor and the offset with a simple toggle switch (0/90).
-----------
Even more simple solution IF both rotors are compatible or the same.

>From the CONTROL box for the rotor, wire each connector to the "common"
of a 6 or 8 pole( what ever you need ) , 2 position Centralab rotary
switch.

Then wire the wires FROM the rotor to switch positions 1 and 2.

Switching rotors is then merely a matter of selecting which you want.

I control 4 separate Tailtwisters on 4 different towers this way.
( and wiring that switch was a BITCH )

73
Ed