[RTTY] CQ WW RTTY AD1C SOAB(A) LP

To: yccc@yccc.org, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] CQ WW RTTY AD1C SOAB(A) LP
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:34:05 -0400
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 9

    80:   23   38      12        8     5
    40:   70  153      19       32    12
    20:  100  230      21       54    20
    15:  105  284       8       51    17
    10:    8   19       1        7     5
Total:  306  724      61      152    59  Total Score = 196,928

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Usual setup: IC-756 Pro, Writelog 10.55, G5RV, HyGain AV-640, 15m delta loop

Had too much to do this weekend to put in any kind of real effort.  Was just
trying to make a few QSOs and work some new band countries.  The G5RV was held
together by alligator clips (broken wire at balun), Saturday night I had to go
out in the dark and adjust them to make contact again.

Nice EU openings on 15M on Saturday and especially Sunday. Worked many Russians
and E. European Sunday a.m., and band was still open to EU well into the
mid/late afternoon.  Did not hear any signals on 10M Saturday but worked a few
NA/SA on Sunday afternoon.

Poor stateside on 15M, I thought it was just my operating times, but
K1TTT's log
confirmed the trend.  Really noticed the lack of Louisiana stations on all
bands.

HC8N was only 5-band QSO, A61AJ was loud on 15M but I just could not find/work
them on 20M.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us