[RTTY] Serial To USB Adaptor

To: "a TARA RTTY eGroup" <RTTY-TARA@yahoogroups.com>,"a TARA PSK eGroup" <PSK-TARA@yahoogroups.com>,"a RTTY COL eList" <rtty@contesting.com>,"a Psk31 QTH eList" <psk31@mailman.qth.net>,"a Psk31 es eList" <psk31@bipt106.bi.ehu.es>,"a psk31 eGroup" <psk31@yahoogroups.com>,"a PSK31 070 eGroup" <070@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Serial To USB Adaptor
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <flcyclone@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:25:33 -0400
I use MixW v2.15 with an FT-1000MP Mark V Field for digital modes operation. I
built my own interface and for PTT triggering  it uses a 9 pin serial female
jack from the rig interface to the 9 pin serial male plug on the old 733 mc
computer.

Now I have purchased a new Dell Inspirion 2200 lap top which of course only has
USB male plugs. I want to use the new lap top for digital operations and need
an adapter. The adapter would have to be a 9 pin serial male plug on one end to
the interface and a USB female jack on the other end to the lap top USB male
plug.

Gee I hope I'm not mixing things up between female jack and male plug. In any
event can anybody recommend a source for this adaptor? It would be much
appreciated!

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA