[RTTY] CY0AA RTTY QRM'ed on 40 last night

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] CY0AA RTTY QRM'ed on 40 last night
From: <jduerbusch@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:09:39 -0500
Monday evening the CY0AA DX-pedition was on 7.038 RTTY.  Boy the CW guys sure
didn't like it.  There was carriers, CQ'ing and all around QRM to the RTTY
signal.  I saw some of the guys get through but what a mess.

The ARRL bandplan said 7.040 for RTTY DX and for QRP CW.  I don't think the CW
guys know this. It is their part of the band and they were defending it.
RTTY'er have been known to do the same thing to CW guys when they operate
between 14.080 and 14.090.

I wonder what is going to happen when we go to the bandwidth mode plan?  Anyway
hope that everyone that needs the CY0AA on RTTY gets them.

Joe K0BX
STL MO

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.