Re: [RTTY] Sound Card Testing

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Sound Card Testing
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:54:06 -0500
On 7/25/05, Alex, VE3NEA <alshovk@dxatlas.com> wrote:
> Tony,
>
> A fairly good sound card comparison table is here:
> http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/index.htm

Doesn't seem to be ham-radio focused ...

I had an SB64AWE Gold (ISA) in an Abit KT7A mobo and all was good.  I
added a 4 port serial card and could never get the IRQs to all stop
irking each other so I replaced that card with some kind of SB Live!
thing (EMU10k chip).

Between that and having to replace the mobo (new = Soyo), I now have
random lockups of MMTTY ...  N1MM stays up, so I can kill the digital
interface window and restart and all is well, but sheesh, whattapain.

I probably could add *more* chokes, but I'd really like something more
robust so I can go back to the way it was ...

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9
ARRL VE
WAC (phone)