Re: [RTTY] NAQP: Name accuracy ?

To: "Andrew J. O'Brien" <andy@obriensweb.com>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NAQP: Name accuracy ?
From: Andrei Nevis <v49a@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:38:48 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, I do think they deduct points from Both operators for wrong typed name.
This is a part of the Report I think. In February, 2005 NAQP I lost 77!! QSO's
out of 419 contacts (never happened before, usually I lose up to ten-twelve
QSO's from any Contest).
I am ANDREI but guess that some guys typed me as ANDREW or ANDY or something
else...
73's Andrei NC2N/W0 in Garden City KANSAS till 7/27/05.
(Anybody here in Garden City, KS who wants to meet me?:)

"Andrew J. O'Brien" <andy@obriensweb.com> wrote:
Just wondering how a contest that requires Names as part of the exchange deals
with spelling errors ? Although I could "capture" the names sent , yesterday I
just typed them in, I caught a couple of my typos but do the log checkers
actually deduct points if "Gerry" is entered in the log as "Jerry" ?