[RTTY] NA RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] NA RTTY
From: "K5ZM" <k5zm@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:28:00 -0700
Well, that was.. different ;)

This was really supposed to be me getting some hands-on experience with both
WL and RTTY as I'd never used either before. I had anticipated taking more
of a spectator-type role. Pushing a button here, clicking a mouse there,
while my host put in a serious effort.

But from our QTH in OR condx were so rotten that we made up a second set of
macros and opened up another log and pretty much just took turns playing
around on the bands. I must say, it did wonders for the interest factor ;)

Then again -more than anything else- this whole outing was meant to be a
primer of sorts for WW RTTY from PJ2 in a few months and I suspect *that*
will take the interest to a "whole 'nuther level" ;)

73,

Ian, K5ZM

Oh yeah, for those not on 3830:

80: 20/8

40: 50/26

20: 131/45

TTL: 201/79 = 15,879

That's right. Zero 15. I did say condx sucked! ;)