Re: [RTTY] Need MMTTY.txt log for 29-March 40m RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Need MMTTY.txt log for 29-March 40m RTTY
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:09:36 -0700
On Jun 14, 2005, at 2:18 PM, Tim Pearson wrote:
> I just received my FT5XO qsls and BOTH (20m/40m)of my solid RTTY
> contacts
> were 'not in log'.  Several people
> said that they saw FT5XO work me on 40m and would vouch for me, but
> I would
> like to have an MMTTY.txt file to back
> it up.

Ah, the missing log entry...

During one of the Burma DXpeditions (it might have been XZ1N), I was
lazily tuning around 20m RTTY when I heard what sounded like a
carrier tuning up, followed by some diddles.  I stayed on frequency
and saw their call sign in a test message.

I pounced on the station.  Good copy, and the op was a regular
contest op who knew my call sign.  He even told me that I was the
first RTTY contact for that expedition.

After a few overs, pandemonium ensued when others found the
frequency.  But I was sure I was in the log.

When the QSLs arrived, I had a dozen or so contacts confirmed for
other band/modes, but the single RTTY one was NIL.

I tracked down the RTTY op by email and was told that their computer
had crashed after the first two dozen RTTY contacts and those logs
were lost.

It didn't really bother me.  I know I had worked XZ on RTTY, and the
rest is just more pieces of paper that I no longer collect.

73
Chen, W7AY