[RTTY] Thanks for the 4-BTV help

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Thanks for the 4-BTV help
From: "Stephen A. Strezeski" <sastrezeski@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 10:48:30 -0400
Dick, I found your posting thanking the people who assisted you with 4-BTV
information, and was hoping you might be able to help me out the same way.

While I was stationed in Honolulu with the USAF (and a Novice) my Dad back
in Ohio and I would QSO - him via his Mosley TA-33M and me via my Hustler
4-BTV.  Since then my Dad has relocated to NJ and myself to NC, and he has
my old 4-BTV.

He and I have not had great success with QSO's on 17M-10M (though he and my
Uncle in FL regularly connect on 17m), and his old G5RV no longer resonates
on 40m or 80m, which are the bands we would like to try (40m mainly), so
resurrecting my old 4-BTV is our hope.

I think I purchased the antenna back in 1980-81, and naturally the assembly
and user manuals are no longer around.  Any and all information you could
provide would surely be appreciated.

Anyone else out there who might be able to assist is also most welcome to
offer.  Thanks and 73's.

-Steve KG4TWV