[RTTY] ZL2AMI SOAB SP RVG RTTY

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] ZL2AMI SOAB SP RVG RTTY
From: Bob Stewart <rstewart@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 00:22:36 +0000
Hi All,

I took some sleep early as conditions were very poor. I got up again at 1530
to find that the power was off - back to sleep! Got the power back at 2030
but by that time the early opening on 40m was history.

High winds ripped thought the Makara Valley and took down many big trees
blocking the road in several places and taking out the power line. On Monday
on my way home I had to negotiate several chicanes of fallen trees.

The storm hadn't finished with me as it returned as a spectacular thunder
storm early Sunday evening - several power blips then it arrived over Quartz
Hill and I had to disconnect the antennas and unplug the power to the gear.
Just a well, as the 52m steel  mast took a direct hit and the sound wave
shook the building! After about an hour I was able to get going again, but
as squalls came through I lost copy as the rain static on the big wire
antennas was horrific. I lost about another two hours.

The final result was not good but I enjoyed the experience!

80m 0
40m 46
20m 97
15m 75
10m 9
Total  227.

I only worked 5 continents and missed 4 of the SP provences for a total of
861,245. A long way short of last years effort.

73

Bob ZL2AMI