Re: [RTTY] com ports

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] com ports
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:21:20 -0700
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 7:47 PM
Subject: [RTTY] com ports

> Hi all
>
> Got a new radio coming this week, a TS-450SAT with all filters, etc.
> Just doing some figuring and I don't have enough comports to do all
> that I want to do.
>
> It has FSK and I want to set it up and that takes one comport.  One
> fot PTT, one for radio control, and one to hook to the other
> computer if I run SO2R.  That's 4 and I got 2.
>
> What is the best solution?  TIA

Depending on what logging program you are using, you may be able to
get by with just two com ports; One for FSK, and one for Radio
Control/PTT.  Network via Ethernet.

I do the two radio thing with one computer, which runs both Windows XP
and DOS, depending on the application. I use four com ports, and have
had good luck with this board:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-124-019&depa=0

The manufacturer's Website states that this board can do IRQ sharing,
and I have it set up that way in my system. The four ports set
themselves up as coms 4-7, all on IRQ 16.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ