[RTTY] FSK with a 440/ Was TS 450 for rtty

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FSK with a 440/ Was TS 450 for rtty
From: "Andrew J. O'Brien" <obrienaj@netsync.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:42:39 -0500
I have had a TS440 for 16 years.  I DID have problems with transmit briefly
conking out for a few seconds every few months, that turned out to be a bad
solder joint, with that fixed it has been perfect for the last 14 years.
Best $1200 I ever spent.

Back when I was trying to figure out why RTTY ops were making a big deal
about FSK versus AFSK I fould this email

-----------------------------------
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:05:56 +0000
Thanks for all the responses, it seems the FSK button is a misnomer and only
results in AFSK anyhow. I will stay with the AFSK  I have and wait for an
upgrade in the station which should happen in June of 01 when all master's
and
bachelor's degrees will have been bought and paid for.:-)
Don KF2XF

"Gorecki, Steve (Sudbury)" wrote:

> Don, the 440 does not have a FSK mode, only AFSK from what I recall. I had
> 440 a few years back and with the KAM, the only option was AFSK, unless
> someone figures out a way to get into the guts of the rig...
>
> Steve
> VE3CWJ

I took the above to mean a 440 could not do FSK, so I wonder if a 450 can ?