Re: [RTTY] Great fun BARTG

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Great fun BARTG
From: scarroll@mchsi.com
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:19:51 +0000
>>... The rules say "(B) TIME GMT. A full four (4) figure GMT time must be
>>sent as part of each message."  So why did I get so many like this
>>12:21:42Z  or  12:21Z ? ....
>
>As I recall, the rules don't actually preclude additional punctuation, the
>seconds field, or the "Z" character at the end.

True, but the rules don't preclude calling CQ BARTG a dozen times in a row
before listening for a response either. Brevity it the key to success !!!

>The additions did not cause any problem with WriteLog. I can click on
>12:23:56Z or 12.34Z or 12:34 or just 1234 and it all comes out the same.
>Don't other contest programs work the same?

Most software programs can handle those variations, and even if you're typing
the exchange by hand it's not any more difficult.

Where the problem lies (as I see it) is that exchanges were longer than
necessary, especially when they're sent TWICE !!!

My 2 cents...

73, Steve - K2SC