Re: [RTTY] Occasional ptt dropout in mmtty/writelog

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Occasional ptt dropout in mmtty/writelog
From: Jeff Stai WK6I <wk6i@twistedoak.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:05:51 -0800
As a data point, I am running WinXP Pro SP2 on an 8-port PCI serial card
using PTT from RTS on the serial port that also sends the FSK data. The rigs
are FT1000Ds. Writelog V10.49D with MMTTY, two sound cards, two main
RTTYrite/MMTTY windows plus two receive clones. I have never seen this problem.

What I -did- see for the first time was that when I hit F4 to send the "%R%C
TU ..." to complete a run QSO, WL would occasionally hang the transmission
right after sending the callsign - the message would pause and it would stay
in TX sending a carrier. I had to hit ESC and resend the F4 buffer.

This has never happened running single radio.

I think that this would happen when I hit ENTER to log the QSO during the
time between hitting F4 and the buffer getting past the callsign, but I
haven't done any more yet to try and characterize the issue, or research it.

- jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai               jds@twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/